Essential oils are rapidly growing in popularity because they offer a natural health alternative. This is especially the case with Mānuka oil which is produced from the native New Zealand tree, naturally extracted to retain the maximum antibacterial properties.
MβTK™ Mānuka Oils are even more powerful again as the Mānuka β-triketones certified as a class of active compound within these oils are proven to have much higher activity than simple Mānuka oil alone – so choose your oil wisely!
This natural therapy resource has actually been used for thousands of years throughout the world for medicinal and health purposes. Uses range from aromatherapy, household cleaning products, personal beauty care and natural medicine treatments.
The particles in essential oils come from distilling or extracting the different parts of plants including the flowers, leaves, bark, roots, resin and peels. In ancient times, Jews and Egyptians made essential oils by soaking the plants in oil and then filtering the oil through a linen bag.
Great uses for Mānuka oil
Taking a closer look now at Mānuka Oil, here are just a few ideas to get the most out of this powerful tincture…
For Skin & Beauty:
· Acne – You can prevent or control acne through cleansing, moisturising and exfoliating the skin. To make your own homemade face wash, simply mix a couple drops of Mānuka oil with raw honey (even better if you use UMF™ Mānuka honey!). Rub all over your face and rinse off with water.
· Age Spots & Skin Blemishes – Mix a drop of Mānuka oil in with your favourite moisturiser before applying to the skin.
· Body Scrub – Mix a few drops of Mānuka oil with almond oil and rock salt or sugar to make your own salt or sugar scrub to leave your skin feeling silky smooth and refreshed.
· Deoderant – Add 3-4 drops of Mānuka oil to your regular body wash or 5-6 drops to your bathtub and let the oil soak into your body.
· Dandruff – You can prevent or control dandruff through cleansing, moisturising, exfoliating or drying the scalp. To make your own dandruff shampoo & conditioner, simply add 2-3 drops of Mānuka oil to your regular shampoo and conditioner and then use as normal. Alternatively, you can make a deeper hair treatment by adding two drops of Mānuka oil to a tablespoon of virgin coconut oil. Massage the mixture into your hair and scalp before washing as normal.
For Around the Home:
· All-Purpose Cleaner – Add 3 drops of Mānuka oil and lemon oil with water into your recycled spray bottle for disinfecting surfaces naturally.
· Shower Curtains & Doors – Add 4 drops of Mānuka oil and 4 drops of eucalyptus oil with warm water into a 16oz/500ml spray bottle.
· Carpet Cleaner – Mix 20 drops of Mānuka oil with Borax (or similar) for a highly effective homemade carpet powder.
· Smelly Shoes – Add a few drops of Mānuka oil and lemon oil to freshen up your shoes.